French Press Upress
The Upress French Press by Timemore is a simple coffee maker with professional results, for every coffee lover and barista.
Everything you want to know
The French Press is a coffee maker invented in the 1800s but is still widely used today to prepare excellent cups of filtered coffee. In general, a French Press is composed of a thermal glass container, a plunger lid, and a metal filter.
The Timemore French Press brings this classic coffee brewing system into the world of the "third wave" with a modern and refined design. Not only is it visually appealing, but it also carries the hallmark of quality and attention to detail that characterizes Timemore products. The stainless-steel filters have been precisely laser-cut (at 0.35 mm) to ensure minimal sediment presence and achieve a clean and crystal-clear cup.
The glass container is made of heat-resistant glass and is protected by a removable durable plastic sleeve. This sleeve not only safeguards the glass but also helps to retain the coffee's heat for a longer time.
Available in two versions: White or Black.
How to use the French Press:
- Start by pouring hot water into the glass container to preheat it.
- After emptying it, add 15g of coffee and pour 250g of hot water, ensuring that all the coffee grounds are saturated. We recommend starting with a brew ratio of 60g per liter.
- After stirring the coffee and water thoroughly with a spoon (preferably wooden to avoid scratching the glass), insert the plunger lid to seal in the heat, and let it steep for 3-4 minutes. Afterward, press down the plunger, separating the brewed coffee from the grounds using the metal filter.
- Once the filtration is complete, pour the coffee into cups or another container to prevent prolonged contact between the water and coffee, which could result in over-extraction.
The resulting coffee will have a good body and may contain some sediment that is not filtered by the metal filter. If you prefer a cleaner cup, you can further filter the coffee using a paper filter in your V60 or Chemex.
The ideal grind size for the French Press is very coarse due to the extended contact time between the coffee and water.
- Capacity: 450ml
- Filter: Laser-cut stainless steel
- Finishes: Improved insulation thanks to the plastic cover
- Glass container: Heat-resistant glass